Monday, May 4, 2015

The Sight of Sound

Nick Cave is a dance trained performance artist who creates amazing body suits for his live performances. He builds the colorful suits from a variety of resources, including hair, twigs, and other found objects. Not only are they all wearable, but very danceable and moveable. Videos of the performances are mesmerizing as the suits take on a life of their own through the movement of the performer. I love this concept of visual performance art and his suits are grand inspiration for me. I myself would love to create suits for my own photographic adventures someday. Side note, Nick Cave was born in Fulton, MO, so I believe the Ratatouille principle holds true for artists as well, anyone can be and artist and an artist can come from anywhere. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment