Tuesday, April 5, 2016

What if...

What if the story that I have been telling myself and everyone else about why I take all these self-portraits isn't the whole story... What if it I have just been doing it so long that I have convinced myself that this is what I am doing and have no reason not to believe myself. Central to the story of my self portraits is the genesis of the idea. Wrought from a desire to simply share a moment with someone that I cared about. Neither of us knew what the future would hold, but we were going there together and at the time that was all that mattered to me. This desire to capture the essence of our time together preceded any thoughts or other feelings about what this project would come to mean to me. Initially, it was intended to be my own way of making sure that I never lost sight of why I had moved across the country in the first place. That each day I would remind myself, you are here with your love because you came here for love. This record was my way of sharing the connection that brought us together and remembering it fondly, whatever happened between us in the future. In the beginning, the memorial project was simply an idea, something I wanted to do, but it was still unclear how it would work.

To Be Continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment