Wednesday, April 29, 2015

They Do Exist

Kevin Wilson teaches my Design I class and he is a big proponent of having a broad understanding of the art world. He not only shows us artists relevant to the principles we are learning in class, but also contemporary artists just doing cool things. Tessa Farmer is one of the latter. She is a feature artist of the Saatchi Gallery and is famous for her installation art involving her rendition of faeries, which she crafts out of sticks and debris, and other animals seemingly frozen in the middle of miniature wars. I had never seen any kind of art like hers before. First ,I think the concept is fantastic, but I am also amazed at how she masterfully crafts these tiny creatures on such a small scale. When it comes to installation art such as this, photography plays an important role in preserving the art work as well as offering another level of experience for viewers. Seeing this in action is particularly exciting to me as I continue on my own journey towards the artist I want to be.


















No comments:

Post a Comment